With the liver cleanse coming up on April 20th, today we’re talking about the best food for liver health. And guess what, the red apple is number one!
And as I’ve said before, if you want to reverse your symptoms and age really, REALLY well, cleansing and taking care of your liver has got to be your top priority!
There are so many healing benefits to red apples, it’s truly a superfood. We just overlook this abundant fruit, kind of like we do bananas, even though their healing powers are really so magical!
How Many Apples a Day?
Now you know there’s some truth in that saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”. And according to Anthony William, eating 2-3 apples a day could actually create unexpected improvements in your health over time.
So start introducing more apples into your day today and replace some of those other foods that just aren’t serving your highest health.
Other Health Benefits of Apples
In addition to promoting liver health, apples also offer us emotional support. They can help reconnect us to source and make a wonderful food to eat when we’re feeling sad, depressed or detached. Check out this beautiful quote from the Life-Changing Foods book:
“Apples open up a part of you and change the energy within and around you to attract happier and brighter things. They can bring back your vibrancy, elevate you, lighten your spirit, and make you more energetic. This is because for thousands of years, we’ve stored apples to get us through the winter months. The fruit is a ray of hope that puts us in touch with the good life. It’s instilled in our bodies that when the outside world seems bleak, an apple can reconnect us to life, rebirth, sunlight and summertime.” – Anthony Willam, Life-Changing Foods.
Applesauce for Liver Health
You’ll be blending 1-2 apples, 1 stalk of celery, 1-4 dates and 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon in a food processor until it’s as smooth as you like!
- Remember when selecting apples, the redder the better!
- Double check to be sure all the pits have been removed from the dates before starting up the food processor. They stick to my fingers on occasion, when I’m dropping the dates into a blender or food processor. This unknown addition wreaks a little havoc on the blade! Check out the newer version of The KitchenAid 3.5 Cup food processor I used in the video.
- Since I mentioned my favorite 11 cup food processor for making bigger batches, you can find that here!
- You’ll need to blend/pulse for at least a couple of minutes to get a smoother consistency.
- Buy in bulk to save money on Ceylon cinnamon and dates.
- If you’re not following the liver cleanse guidelines, you can also make this applesauce without the celery, for a more traditional applesauce for yourself and your family.
Check out my blog post on dates to learn more about those healing jewels of sweetness!
We’d also love to read your comments below and answer any questions you have so please comment and let us know.
And if you’re not signed up for updates, click the link below and be the first to know about special events and the latest tips and tricks to aging like a boss and living a magical life!
Have a lovely weekend and we’ll ‘see’ you next week…