Today I’m sharing my all-time favorite 2 ingredient salad dressing recipe that everybody really does love! It’s so simple, sweet and delicious. This dressing makes any salad you add it to burst with freshness and flavor.
Bottled dressings contain so many health robbing ingredients. Once you give this one a try, you may never go back!
Why Bottled Dressings Aren’t Recommended
If you do find yourself browsing the bottled dressing section, be sure to check the ingredients label and find one without canola oil, soy, citric acid, natural flavors, vinegar, carrageenan, or difficult to pronounce ingredients. These can all cause irritation, inflammation and end up feeding the underlying pathogen responsible for your symptoms!
Although a bottled dressing is certainly convenient, and I’m all about time-saving tricks, your body will reward you for taking the extra few minutes to put together a simple dressing instead.
Salad Topping Ideas
You can really prepare a salad with whatever ingredients are already in your fridge. Any variety of lettuce, except for iceberg, has tremendous healing benefits. Here’s some ideas to get your creativity flowing:
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper with cucumber, tomato, scallions. Consider using red leaf lettuce.
- Mango, strawberries, cucumber, scallions. Try it with kale or spinach!
- Grapefruit sections, finely sliced fennel and pomegranate seeds. Delicious on butter leaf lettuce!
Avocado is also an amazing addition to all of the above if you’re not cutting out fat.
Mason jar silicone lid inserts – Wide mouth size shown in the video.
Mason jar stainless steel bands – Wide mouth size shown in the video.
Keep an eye on the recommendations page for a new citrus juicer!
Simple Honey Orange Dressing
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional) up to 1/4 cup if desired
- 1 garlic clove - minced (optional) a handheld garlic press is a great tool for this
- Add all ingredients in 2 cup mason jar, stir well with wooden spoon or shake well to combine.
- Enjoy immediately! You can also store leftovers in the fridge, just be aware that the vitamin C present in fresh squeezed orange juice disappears in 30 minutes!
Check out the original Medical Medium inspiration for this recipe here.
What are some of your favorite salad combinations? Let us know in the comments below!