Today I’m in the garden sharing a delicious smoothie made with the #1 fruit to heal bloating and combat poor food choices!
This was a FB Live I did in August and was reminded of it recently because I’ve been seeing some beautiful papaya at the market this winter and have again been in need of some gut soothing ingredients after a little overindulging during the holidays!
Locally you can find Maradol papaya at Sprouts Market and bring a bit of warm summer sunshine to your wintery day with this delicious, super nourishing smoothie to heal bloating and aid any sort of digestive distress.
The second half of this video also includes a late summer tour of my garden for those that had been asking.
Although I have to be honest, this was not my best gardening year as I spent more time developing the next phase of my business and caring for my sweet mother who passed away on September 19th.
Sign up for blog updates below to be the first to learn more about what I’ve been working on!
Papaya also contains many other incredibly healing properties you can read more about here.
What are some of your favorite ways to eat papaya? Comment below, we love hearing from you!
Simple Papaya Smoothie
- 1 Orange - peeled If you don't like the texture of the pith, juice your orange instead.
- 1/2 Maradol Papaya - peeled with seeds removed If using frozen add extra water to get things moving.
- 2 Bananas - frozen If using frozen papaya, using fresh bananas would blend easier.
- 1/4 Teaspoon Organic pumpkin pie spice Add more or less to taste.
- 1 Teaspoon Raw honey Add more or less to taste - strictly optional if needed.
- Water or coconut water (Taste Nirvana brand) Only if needed to create desired consistency.
- Add all ingredients in order listed to your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy right away!
Thanks for joining me here!